News! You can now download:
- The booklet, with everything you need to know about the program.
- The list of talks, by session, with abstracts.
Find a map, and some late informations about the workshop at the bottom of the page.
About the workshop
The workshop will take place at ENS-Lyon and will gather top researchers in HPC from INRIA, the University of Illinois, Argonne National Laboratory, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Jülich Supercomputing Centre and Riken-AICS to explore research problems related to post-Petascale / Exascale Supercomputers and present early results of their joint work.
The workshop will feature technical sessions on five main topics:
- Application and Numerical libraries
- Parallel Programming, runtime and tools
- Big Data, I/O and visualization
- Cloud for HPC.
The workshop will present an exceptional program with papers accepted or submitted to top level conferences. A key objective of the workshop is to identify new research collaborations and establish a roadmap for their implementation.
The workshop is open to Illinois, INRIA, ANL, BSC, JSC and Riken AICS faculties, researchers, engineers and students who want to learn more about Post Petascale / Exascale Computing.
This workshop is supported by the PUF in the context of the NEXTGN project.
Registration will take place at http://jlesc2016.sciencesconf.org.
On Monday 27th
The workshop begins at 2pm on Monday 27th of June. The first session (2pm-4:20pm) is plenary, and we need the large Amphitheater located at ENS Descartes. All following sessions (end of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) will take place at ENS Monod. A map is given in this guide, but we will return to ENS Monod all together after the first session.
Note: Steering committee and application meetings (by invitations) will start at 9am and will take place at ENS Monod. You need to go to the reception desk, where they will show you the rooms.
Registration also takes place at ENS Monod, 4:30pm-7pm.
Four different rooms will be available for the workshop at the 4th floor of the ENS Monod: Amphitheater A, Amphitheater B, Room B1 and Room B2. Rooms will be indicated.
Breaks and lunches will be in front of the Amphitheater B (3dr floor of ENS Monod) and at the Passerelle room (4th floor of ENS Monod).
Except on Monday, breaks will be in front of the Amphitheater B (3dr floor of ENS Monod), and lunches will be at the Passerelle room (4th floor of ENS Monod).
Monday and Wednesday dinners will be held at the ENS Descartes.
There are two different workshop hotels:
- Novotel Lyon Gerland , 70, avenue Leclerc, 69007 Lyon - Tel: +33 4 72 71 11 11 - Email: H0736-SB1@accor.com
- Ibis Lyon Gerland , 68, avenue Leclerc, 69007 Lyon - Tel: +33 4 78 58 30 70 - Email: H0778-GM@accor.com
They are next to each other and within reasonable walking distance to the workshop venue. Hotels are located next to the Halle Tony Garnier tram (Line T1) stop.
How to get there:
- From the Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport to Debourg
- Take the Rhônexpress tram to the Part-Dieu railway station
- Change to the metro (Line B), direction Gare d’Oullins and get off at the Debourg station
- From the Part-Dieu railway station to Debourg
- Take the metro (Line B) direction Gare d’Oullins and get off at the Debourg station
- From the Perrache railway station
- Take the tram (Line T1) direction Debourg and get off at the Halle Tony Garnier stop
- From the Debourg metro station to the hotels
- Either walk (10mins)
- Or take the tram (Line T1) direction IUT Feyssine and get off at the Halle Tony Garnier stop
Remarks: The tram (Line T1) follows the Avenue Debourg and deserves:
- The Hotels: Halle Tony Garnier stop
- ENS Lyon: ENS Lyon stop
- ENS Descartes: Debourg stop
These restaurants are within 5-10mins walking distance from ENS: